Earlier this year, in March, I did some work in my garden. But mostly I took pictures of all of the spring growth as it was so pretty. Enjoy!
Suckers from my peach tree. They are a marvelous shade of green.
My avocado tree. Sadly, the new puppy ate it in his "I'm going to eat every little thing on the planet" phase.
The poor basil plant that just keeps limping along.
The broccoli that is there but doesn't really produce much anymore.
On the left we find the cherry tomato plant that had been raised here in a pot with us for a while before it got too tall and had to be transplanted. On the right is the cherry tomato plant from the store that was transplanted the day we bought it. The left guy doesn't seem to be too healthy here, but he's okay now. I gave him extra special love.
So I made a mistake. These aren't marigolds. I apparently had planted some cosmos. They are quite hardy and are thriving in their cute little niche of my yard.
I had a pot of strawberries. It was wonderful and beautiful. And then the puppy got to them and ripped them to shreds. So I planted them here. As you can see, they don't look very happy, but I promise they've been getting better.
My blood plum tree is sprouting. I love the look of the dead part of the tree in the background.
My Japanese Honeysuckle before it is in full bloom.
My dwarf peach tree has beautiful blossoms. Too bad I've only ever gotten one good piece of fruit off of it in 15 years. All of the buds turn into little peaches that never ripen and fall off of the tree to my dismay.
More beautiful blooms of the dwarf peach.
Can you find the hidden sparrow in the Cape Honeysuckle
Oh cilantro. I can't get enough!
More strawberries added to the patch of the ones my puppy shredded.
More grapefruit on my lovely tree.
My wonderful and yummy green onions.
My wonderfully healthy aloe vera. Apparently I'm pretty good at growing cacti :D
I love my scraggly lemon tree. Sometimes it makes wonderfully tart lemons.
Okay, now I'm just playing with my camera's focus abilities on my lemon tree. But it's a pretty pic, so I took the time (20 min) to wait for it to load to this blog.
Yet another pic of new growth on my lemon tree. I love that new growth on things is this purple-ish red color.
Stay tuned for another post soon. Much more yard work has been done. It's actually quite impressive.
No comments:
Post a Comment